Monday, February 28, 2011

Vicki's 5K Fun Run at the Zoo with Carrie



It is a proud day when you have done something good for yourself and feel good about it. After having 5 kids I started running and fell in love with it. I always thought, who wants to run for fun? The idea blew me away.
But then one summer Andrew had pneumonia and was home more often from the Stake Center with his church calling as the Stake Executive Secretary. Some neighborhood friends asked me to walk a 10K with them and I said sure. 6 weeks later I ran my first ever 1/2 marathon.
The thrill of listening to music, nobody asking me for anything and my own time was addicting.
And so 5 months after having our last baby, I ran a 5 K in 29 minutes and took 3rd place in my age group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online