Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hailey's Two

We ended her day on a good note of having us all there. We love our family!




Yeah for the clock ride!

Brian with the Birthday Girl.

Hailey at Chuck E Cheese.

Hailey needs us! We are coming Little Missy.

May 25th 2010
Who would have know 2 years almost to the day that we would have Adam? Adam came on the 24th of May and Hailey is the 25th. While I was in the hospital with Adam, Hailey was so sick that all I could do was think about my baby being home sick, it was her birthday and I was in the hospital with a newborn. I told my nurse, I need to go home, she needs me. So Adam and I came home! Andrew came and picked us up. She had been able to keep some juice down and her fever was gone. Poor thing didn't even know it was her birthday. Good thing we celebrated the Saturday before and went to Chuck E Cheese!!

Hailey is one loving walking and freedom that comes with it.

Hailey's Two!

Hailey had a crazy entrance into this world also. It was a Saturday night, Andrew and I had been doing our nightly walk to bring on the contractions. We just finished watching a show and was going to bed around midnight when my water broke. Amy (our next door neighbor) came over to stay with the kids. When we got to the hospital, they knew Hailey was under stress by the color of the fluid. The doctor told us it could be the cord was around her neck, so They brought in the nick unit to be prepared. I got really sick and started to throw up. It was so late and I was ready to deliver that the doctor on call, Dr. Froerer, delivered Hailey at 5:oo A. M. She did have the cord around her neck, he cut her cord and handed her over to the nick u. They put her on oxygen and checked her out. Thank heavens everything was perfect. I was really sick and had lost a lot of blood. I had to get a shot to stop the bleeding and after a while they almost had to give me a blood transfusion.

Things did not get any better. The hospital was so understaffed that I was forgotten about. Andrew had to go get a nurse to help me several times. I was throwing up and almost passed out. We actually watched one of the nurses bathe our baby while Andrew held the throw up bin for me. It was horrible. After I finally got some medicine in me, I was exhausted and so was Andrew and my mom and dad who had also been at the hospital. Andrew went home to the kids at home to tell them our happy news about the baby and get some "rest!" My mom went home and came back to help me that night since she was so disgusted with how things had gone.

Hailey was such a good baby that I could get some sleep. Richelle spent the next night with me and we were glad to get out of there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online