Sunday, August 30, 2009

HoW We gOt EnGageD!

Andrew and I had talked about marriage a little bit and decided to go ring hunting. We went to the mall and walked into a jewelry store and I found the ring I wanted right off the bat. Andrew wanted to make sure I looked around and insisted on making sure I got what I wanted. After that we decided to take things a little bit slower-kinda freaked him out! I knew he was planning it, I just wasn't expecting it the day it happened. We had been up to my Mom and Dad's house and church with them.
It was November 30th, 1997. We went to temple square to go see the lights. Andrew took a blanket and we were walking around. He was very quiet, and I knew something wasn't right! We walked to the wishing well and I asked him if he had any money with him, but neither one of us did. We looked down and saw a penny... a little girl was walking towards it and Andrew snatched it right up and said to me, "Make a Wish." I threw the penny in and we walked over to a bench and sat down on the blanket and snuggled up to stay warm. We were making small talk and my hair got caught on a tree branch and then I started to giggle.

Andrew asked me what I wished for and I told him I couldn't tell because it wouldn't come true. He said, "Come on just tell me." And I said, "I just wish you would ask me quick!" And he shoved the ring on my finger and said, "Well okay, how's this!" I was so stunned he had the ring I wanted and it was heavy and beautiful and he was amazing. I jumped up and down saying, "Yes, I will marry you, yea we are getting married!" Then we stared to laugh and cry and laugh and cry! We had a couple take our picture, and then I had to rush to the car and call my family. It wasn't until the next day I said to him, "Ya know, you never really asked me to marry You!" and that's when the work began....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online